More than a Roof to Keep the Rain Out
Your home is your most valued asset which needs to be fully protected by insuring it for the correct value and cover. Your local Insurance Broker will provide you with the right expertise, advice and cover to give you peace of mind when it comes to ensuring that your home and contents are fully protected for every eventuality.
Whatever the shape, size or location of your home, your Insurance Broker will help you to find a policy that’s ‘just right’ for you! Whether your need insurance for an existing property; a starter or first-time purchase; holiday home; buy-to-let or rented property, your Insurance Broker will provide you with the most professional and dependable home cover advice.
Home Protection – Laying the Foundations
Home insurance covers the cost of repairing or rebuilding your house in the event of your home being unexpectedly damaged or destroyed through fire, theft, malicious damage, subsidence, flooding or storm damage.
As your home is your most precious possession in terms of its financial and sentimental value, it’s important to have the right insurance cover to ensure that you are fully protected if an unforeseen accident lands on your doorstep.
Your Insurance Broker will happily discuss your home insurance needs in detail and get a more tailored home cover that is right for your requirements and budget.
The Brick and Mortar –
We Speak Your Language
Home policy requirements vary considerably from a one policy fit to ‘cover all’ to separate content, home and buildings cover.
- Your Insurance Broker will take out the complexity of buying home insurance by ‘walking and talking’ you through the basics
- Your Insurance Broker will clearly explain and outline the various policy types and optional extras
- Your Insurance Broker will always shop around for the best and most suitable deal for you
Top Tips When Buying Home Insurance
For most of us, buying a house will be the largest purchase in our lives. With that in mind, it’s only natural that we should want to protect our home from any danger that may befall it. Home Insurance grants us peace of mind knowing that we are covered in the event of an accident and that we won’t be left picking up the pieces if things go wrong.
However, like all things in life, home insurance is not ‘one size fits all’ and it’s important to know what is being covered and when – so that there are no unpleasant surprises in the event of a claim. We have complied a list of top tips relating to Home Insurance so that you can be in the know regarding your own insurance.
- Buildings Insurance is the minimum level of cover that you can have for your house.
- It covers the fundamental foundations of your house such as the roof, walls, windows, doors etc.
- If your home is damaged to the point you must seek temporary alternate accommodation, your insurance will usually also pay the cost of you having to rent or live elsewhere.
- For prospective mortgage applicants, obtaining Buildings Insurance is a requirement to receive your mortgage.
- This cover insures your house for the amount it will cost to rebuild it and building costs will inevitably fluctuate. Engage with your Insurance Broker regarding rebuild costs and they will keep track of your house’s insured amount to guarantee that you are not overpaying for your cover or are underinsured should the worst happen.
- Contents Insurance covers (yes, you guessed it) the contents of your home. This ranges from your appliances to your furniture and includes the likes of cash being stolen from your home.
- Contents Insurance does not have to be included on the same policy as your Buildings Insurance; so ask your Insurance Broker to shop around as different insurers may quote better prices or cover certain valuables that others may not.
- Take the time to accurately assess the value of your belongings, as a miscalculation could lead to you not being compensated fully for their loss.
All Risks Cover
- This is an optional add-on to most home policies that will protect your belongings from theft or damage both inside and outside of the home. All Risks policies will often cover your belongings.
- ‘All Risks Cover’ is divided into ‘Specified’ and ‘Unspecified’ cover where the former requires you to submit a list of items to be protected along with their individual value. The latter, which entails you submitting a total amount of cover for your belongings each year, allows you to insure your valuables without needing to specify them individually.
Some insurers will withhold certain cover (ie. flood insurance) depending on the location of your property. In the event your house is located on a river’s floodplain, it will be difficult for you, to secure insurance against flooding. Be aware of your property’s location when applying for insurance.
Mortgages will generally only require you to obtain buildings insurance, which will not cover the contents of your house (furniture, electronics etc.). Be sure to inform your Broker that you would like your policy to cover buildings and contents to prevent any unprotected accidents.
If you decide to renovate your house or add an extension, your home insurance cover will likely have to increase. Inform your Broker of this and they will be able to organise an extension of cover to correspond to the increase in value of the property.
Insurance risks can be complex and varied as insurers often have very specific details written into their policy conditions. It’s important to read and understand the small print carefully. Your Insurance Broker will help you to understand your home policy so that you’re not in dark about your cover.
An Insurance Broker’s extensive search facility will quickly scan an extensive database of insurer provider options to efficiently secure the best deal is for you. Going directly to insurance companies requires extensive time, work and effort and you still may never find cover that suits you best.
What are the Benefits
of Dealing with a Broker?
Based on years of professional experience, an Insurance Broker will always provide expert advice to you. As an important and potentially costly aspect of everyday life, you can never have too much advice when it comes to making insurance decisions.
Not being tied to any one provider, an Insurance Broker has access to a variety of products which allows them to extensively compare offerings and advise on the most suitable service, provider and price.
Your Insurance Broker has expertise in a wide range of policy types and insurers and possesses an in- depth knowledge of the overall market to ensure that they are providing the best value deal and cover for your insurance.
Brokers utilise their industry knowledge and experience by doing the ‘leg work’ and will quickly source the best and most suitable insurance deal available. This gives you time to focus on the more important things in life!
An Insurance Broker will always act in their clients’ best interests by dealing personally with you, listen to your concerns and provide specifically tailored assistance and services. They will spend time getting to know and understand your insurance needs.
Peace of Mind
In the event of a claim or query, an Insurance Broker will guide their clients through the process and effectively manage the claim on their behalf. Insurance Brokers are regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland so that consumers are secure and protected at all times.
Insurance Advice From The Experts
Get in touch with your local Insurance Broker today. An Insurance Broker will always act in their clients’ best interests through leveraging their considerable expertise to understand their clients’ needs and select the right insurance solution at the best possible price.
Ghost Brokers – Don’t Get Scammed!
Consumer Awareness Campaign to tackle ‘Ghost Broking’ Liberty Insurance has launched a new public awareness campaign in conjunction with Brokers Ireland to raise awareness of the illegal practice of ghost broking. This places Irish motorists […]
Car Insurance Getting On The Road
Congratulations, you have just passed your driving test after successfully completing a series of hurdles involving theory testing, rules of the road, acquiring a learner licence, completing the twelve lesson training, taking pre-tests and finally […]
Commercial Insurance From One Expert to Another
Business owners tend to be born optimists who are preoccupied with keeping their businesses successfully up and running but often have little inclination and time to think about what could go wrong. Let’s face it, […]
There for You – The Benefits of Using Insurance Brokers
Whether you’re a young driver looking for insurance on your very first car, an experienced driver seeking the very best bang for your buck or a business owner looking to protect yourself and your business […]
Top Tips When Buying House & Home Insurance
For most of us, buying a house will be the largest purchase in our lives. With that in mind, it’s only natural that we should want to protect our home from any danger that may […]